
I have been tagged...I'll get you back.
List 6 facts/habits/traits about yourself. At the end of the post, tag 6 people and post their names and then go to their blog and leave them a comment. Let them know that they have been tagged and ask them to read your blog for the rules!
Speaking as me, Erin, I will try to think of things that you may not know:
1. I have quite a few (embarrassing) quirks. One that I will admit to the world is that I am obsessed with how things smell, pregnancy doesn't help my condition, and if it doesn't smell good to me, and I can't clean it to pass the smell test, it's gone. "It" can be anything...ANYTHING. Poor Joe can vouch for me, I make him smell the milk (one of which I am always suspicious) on a regular basis.
2. Keeping my eyebrows manicured is the one pamper I keep up with. I may not have shaved for a week, my nails will be scraggly, and I might on occasion venture into public wearing clothes that make me look like "that mom" I vowed I wouldn't become--but by golly, I will have eyebrows that look good!
3. I sing in front of the mirror (I don't think Joe has caught me doing this one yet) :).
4. I am terrible at names. Let me clarify: ADULT names. Kids' names I can remember just fine. To complicate it, I do however, have a photographic memory for teeth. Not a very helpful skill.
5. I felt more like an adult when I was 12 and used to ride my bike to the grocery store with my best friend enjoying our freedom--or when we would pretend and play like we were adults with responsibilities, than I do now. Even though I am a mom of (nearly) 2, who can actually drive to the store with keys that really open things. I wonder why that is...
6. I have come to a revelation recently: I look at others I know, and I am in awe of these amazing talents they have. Now, if I were honest (and not humble), I would admit that there are few things that I have attempted to do that when I really tried, I failed. I consider myself a "Jack of all trades, master of nothing." Enter my revelation: I do have talents that I excel at. It is sad that what I am good at is seen not as a talent by the world, but as shackles. Why is it "being a great housewife" or "understands how to relate to children," "a real natural at running a house," can't be talents that we are proud of just as much as "artist" or "musician?"
Friday, November 9, 2007
I Was Threatened if I Didn't Participate
Posted by Joseph, Erin, Sarah, 'Lil Joe and Muloki the Wonder Dog at 11:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Erin Thanks for the TAG....... Now my most imbarressing secerets will have to be revealed, just dont thing anything different of me! Ps I think you are way talented, when I grow up I want to be just as creative as you!
Oh, honney. If you only knew how great you are. . . you would be too conceded to put up with anyone's crap on how "out of date" being a housewife is. :) That's what makes you so great. Humble and great. Love seeing you today. You make me smile! (And I didn't really force you to do this, I just gave unrealistic terms of what would happen if you didn't. . . I really am tired of these tags. You have my permission to say "thhhh" to all the rest that come your way.) You rock.
Nice post Erin. It's fun to learn new things about you. And beautiful picture of you and Sadie! Who took it?
Post a Comment